Friday, June 19, 2009

Yes - Dauntlessly Speaking Blog

For a long time I had been thinking to create a blog that would put forth my views and that of others, which I had not been able to push thru in the electronic or print media for some reasons. Somewhere down the line it was the newspapers policy to hold back blunt stories that would make dent in the careers or lives of people, which the editors or the owners did not wish to offend.
Many of my journalist, politician, police officers, bureaucrats, diplomats and doctor friends have been insisting and prompting me to create a blog which would benefit people in one way or the other. The question was how to manage time for the blog amidst the heavy work schedule, RTI and the Social work. But finally, it dawned upon me that the time has come where I have to manage time for the blog work.
The time came today, as it pushed me to create it after being sad and disheartened to see a very good friend Dr. Dinesh Shetty, Senior Resident Medical Officer (RMO) of Pune's Sassoon General Hospital bid good bye after more than 20 years service with the Public Health Department (PWD) of the Maharashtra government. I will be writing more on this great doctor and his services to the patients, irrespective of their status. But what hurts most to see this doctor go, is his utter frustration with a badly managed or say administered government hospital, where things fail to improve.
I am sure that apart from the thousands of poor patients, well wishers, friends and ofcourse his detractors, the most that would be sad would be the honorable Minister for Finance of the Maharashtra government Dilip Walse-Patil, as also several political leaders.
But then, like all who know about the issues that reflect about Sassoon General Hospital, things would perhaps never improve, and good doctors like Shetty and others would also depart in frustration.
I know it would not be possible for me to put a professional touch to this blog, but I would be too pleased to receive your negative or positive feedback.
- Sting Journo -

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear of Dr. Dinesh Shetty's V.R.S. from Sassoon Hospital. For me a G.P.. in the Pune camp ,he was my only link with the hospital and now that too has broken. He was an asset wherever he went ,be it the mental hospital or the Aundh chest hospital. People like him shine wherever as they have the light within. Sassoon's loss will be the next one's gain

    ReplyDelete